The Texas Restaurant Association (TRA) is hosting its first-ever Startup Showcase to shine the spotlight on new technology and innovation from companies of all sizes in the rapidly-evolving foodservice industry. The Startup Showcase will take place at TRA Marketplace on Sunday, July 15 from 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., and Monday, July 16 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, 900 East Market Street, San Antonio, TX 78205.
The 2018 Startup Showcase will feature six companies from across the country who have demonstrated a dedicated commitment to solving challenges in the foodservice industry through the innovative use of technology. Startup Showcase participants will gather on the Big Bend Big Ideas Stage on Sunday, July 15 from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. for an exciting onstage “pitch session,” during which they will provide a brief overview of their company, their progress and growth, and the challenges they are addressing within the industry. Participants include:
- Ontray (Philadelphia, PA) - Ontray aims to bring back control of online ordering to the restaurant industry by giving restaurants all the technological tools consumers have become accustomed to, but made available on the restaurant's own branded website and at an affordable price.
- Restaurant Analytics Delivered (RAD), (Evergreen, CO): RAD integrates data from all systems across a restaurant organization and transforms it into an enterprise, restaurant-specific data warehouse purpose built for analytics. With RAD, those same team members who previously struggled to produce the most basic reports are now empowered with accurate, meaningful, and insightful data at their fingertips to enable them to make impactful, data-driven decisions.
- Sponsiv Digital | Vinu Menu (Austin, TX) – Vinu Menu is a digital beverage list platform. With VINU's Wine Guru, restaurant guests can get personalized recommendations just by answering a few questions. Or they can tap on Quick Picks for sommelier or server recommendations.
- inKind (Austin, TX) – inKind allows guests to purchase House Accounts, which enables them to purchase credit for several visits to restaurants in advance to ensure that this VIP guest has the best experience in the restaurant, and also rewards them when they refer their friends (who are potentially great customers) to come in.
- Eat Again (Frisco, TX) - EatAgain is a global e-commerce technology provider of mobile app and web development for restaurants, independent chefs, food trucks, food stands, and voucher-based meal settings.
- kioskoMobile (Provo, Utah) - Digital ordering system which results in more loyal customers, higher order amounts and lowers or eliminates the need for employees to stand at a counter.
Additional company information may be found on the TRA Marketplace Startup Showcase page.
“We’re very proud to launch our first Startup Showcase, and I can’t think of a better audience than TRA Marketplace,” says Richie Jackson, CEO of TRA. “The industry is changing at lightning speed, and there are so many companies blazing trails with creative use of technology. The daily problems in the restaurant industry often remain the same, but some of the solutions are revolutionary. A pitch session format is a fun, exciting and informative way to showcase what’s out there.”
TRA Marketplace is now the second largest foodservice show in the country, and thousands of restaurateurs, chefs, educators and industry executives are expected to attend over the two-day period. Tickets are $45 for TRA members, and $55 for non-members. After July 11, all tickets, regardless of membership status, are $65 general admission at the door only. Tickets for non-exhibiting suppliers are $250 for TRA Members, and $500 for Non-members. For more information, to register or to become a sponsor, visit www.tramarketplace.com