Latest Update: March 30, 2020
The Texas Restaurant Association is committed to providing our members with resources and opportunities to help manage elements within our control. We are your voice and stand together with you in these challenging times. We have created a comprehensive resource to keep our members up to date on the latest coronavirus information, and how to keep your business safe. This online resource will continue to be updated as more information is made available by the CDC and other health organizations.
Every night we send out a recap email to our entire database of the work done that day, new resources, answers to common questions, and action alerts for advocacy. Not receiving that email? Let us know and we'll add you: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRA has opened up our mobile app (typically only available for members) for use by any restaurant owner, manager, or staff member.
Relief & Aid | HR & Employment | State Updates | Operations, Legal Contracts & Insurance | Sanitation
Off-Premises | Employees & Workers Resources | General FAQs | Spanish
Relief & Aid
- Donate to the TX Restaurant Relief Fund - Learn more about the TRA’s newly established relief fund helping our member restaurants
- SBA Disaster Recovery Assistance (recorded webinar) - TRA and SBA recorded webinar on disaster recovery assistance
- SBA to Provide Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted - Federal Disaster Loans for Businesses, Private Nonprofits, Homeowners, and Renters
- Southern Smoke’s Hospitality Emergency Relief - Provides funding to individuals in the food and beverage industry who are in crisis
- CORE – Children of Restaurant Employees - Provides support to food and beverage service employees, with children, who have been medically diagnosed with COVID-19. You may also be eligible if a family member is diagnosed.
- James Beard Relief Fund - Currently raising money to provide micro-grants to independent food and beverage businesses in need.
- Talk to Your Landlord About COVID-19 - Guidance on how to start a conversation about what you can and can’t do for your lease.
HR & Employment
- Texas Mutual: Coronavirus FAQ for employers - Guidance on Workers Compensation claims associated with COVID-19.
- Texas Mutual: Protecting Workers from Coronavirus - Guidance on how you can help protect your workers from COVID-19.
- Fisher Phillips: Comprehensive FAQs for Employers - Legal advice addressing the many employment-related issues facing employers in the wake of the COVID-19.
- OSHA - Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 - A comprehensive workbook offering guidance on preparing workplaces for COVID-19.
- JacksonLewis: Famileis First Coronavirus Response Act - A Disability, Leave & Health Management blog offering practical legal guidance to employers.
- Coronavirus' Impact on Texas Restaurant Employers (recorded webinar) - A TRA recorded webinar where JacksonLewis attorneys discuss what their restaurant clients are most frequently asking about how to operate their establishments while still meeting their legal obligations.
- Texas Workforce Commission: Mass Claims Procedures and Unemployment Benefits
Mass Claims Program
The Mass Claims program is now part of The Texas Workforce Commission Employer Benefits Services (EBS). To submit a new Mass Claims request, log on to Employer Benefits Services (EBS) at least five business days before the scheduled layoff. Submitting your request online is quick, easy, secure, and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Employers can also log on to assign and modify users and their permissions in the Administrator feature in EBS. Please reference the following user guides, found on EBS, for Mass Claims and the Administrator features:
- Mass Claims User Guide
- Administrator User Guide
If you have any questions concerning the Mass Claims program and its new online features, please contact, email@example.com.
Employers can visit our web page here.
- TABC & Serving Mixed Beverages to Go - The TRA clarifies some of the confusion surrounding selling alcoholic beverages to guests while dining rooms are shut down.
- Texas Restaurants Becoming Retail Suppliers - TRA works with State officials so that restaurants can now sell retail products direct to consumers.
Operations, Legal Contracts and Insurance
- COVID-19 Restaurant Temporary Closing Guide (PDF) - A summarized list of considerations for a temporary restaurant close down by A la Carte Foodservice Consulting Group.
- Restaurant Closing Audit Checklist (XLS) - A comprehensive closing checklist created by RK iNNOVATION.
- Skadden: Implications of Coronavirus - An legal article on COVID-19 and its implications for commercial and financial contracts.
- GreenbergTraurig: Coronavirus and Force Majeure Contract Clauses - Legal advice on issues relating to the coronavirus and its effects, such as the invocation and enforceability of force majeure clauses in contracts.
- JacksonLewis Resource - Jackson Lewis provides a comprehensive list of links and important resources to help answer some of the most common questions around COVID-19.
- Munsch Hardt: What Employers Need to Know - Summarizes what employers need to know regarding the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
- ECOLAB EPA Approved Cleaning Products
- Center for Biocide Chemistries: Novel Coronavirus-Fighting Products
- ECOLAB: Disinfecting Hard, Non-porous Surfaces
- ECOLAB: Peroxide Multi Surface Disinfectant
- Curbside and Delivery for Full Service Restaurants (recorded webinar)
- Vinder Launches Restaurant-Fueled Farmers Market
Employees & Workers Resources
- Texas Workforce Commission: Shared Work Unemployment Benefits Plan
- Restaurant Workers' Community Foundation
- United States Bartenders' Guild
- Another Round, Another Rally: Emergency Relief
- James Beard Foundation Relief Fund
- The Lee Initiative: Restaurant Workers Relief Program
- Department of Labor: Employee Rights Under Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- TABC: Coronavirus Information
- National Restaurant Association Guidance Resource
- ECOLAB: Just the Facts
- ECOLAB: Novel Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- Foodable Network - Coronavirus Impact
- ECOLAB: Novel Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- Modern Restaurant Management: Restaurant Survival Guide
Originally Published: February 28, 2020.