To assess the ongoing economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic, the Texas Restaurant Associaiton and the National Restaurant Assocation Research Group conducted a survey of 3,000 restaurant operators February 2-10, 2021. Click the image to download the full graphic.
Key findings include:
- 81% of operators in Texas say sales were lower in January 2021 versus January 2020
- 40% of Texas operators think their sales will decline in February and March from January's levels
- 85% of Texas operators expect their staffing levels to be lower in February and March than it was in January
- 32% of operators think it will be 7-12 months before it's business as usual.
- 29% think it will take more than a year.
- 10% doubt it will ever happen.
Source: National Restaurant Association