THE TEXAS RESTAURANT PROMISE
Built as a social contract between restaurant owners, their staff, and guests, the Texas Restaurant Promise was originally created in April 2020 based on feedback and guidance from industry leaders, health experts, and researchers. Recently updated on May 17, 2021, the new Promise reflects the changes made by the CDC regarding vaccinated people and wearing masks. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
The Promise Language
Note: Please feel free to use the text below of our Texas Restaurant Promise so you can make alterations that fit your business and the expectations of your employees and customers. Our only ask if you choose to use the customizable document is to please remove the TRA logo and “Texas Restaurant Promise” branding from the document if you decide to change the provisions and make it your own.
The restaurant industry has an outstanding track record of protecting our employees and guests. To ensure everyone’s safety during the pandemic, we ask that we make the following promises to each other.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
We will continue to be a leader in safe sanitation practices with all team members certified in safe food handling and a certified manager on every shift. Also, all employees will be trained on appropriate cleaning and disinfection, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette. We are committed to learning from the past year and incorporating best practices and health guidance into everything we do to keep our guests and team members safe. This includes:
- Requiring all employees who are not fully vaccinated to wear a face covering while working, in accordance with CDC guidance. We will also support other employees who want to wear a face covering.
- Requiring all of our employees to pass a health screening before each shift.
- Enabling social distancing for parties who request it as much as possible.
- Cleaning and disinfecting tables after each party, and disinfecting common areas and surfaces regularly.
- Providing hand sanitizing stations for all guests and employees.
- Posting the Texas Restaurant Promise, which is our COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy, at our entrances and displaying readily visible signage to remind everyone of best practices.
Following these best practices, ensuring our staff are trained in them, having all staff certified in safe food handling, and continuing to align our COVID-19 reopening safety and sanitation practices to the CDC and State of Texas' guidelines are all part our commitment to the TEXAS RESTAURANT PROMISE and affirmed with the National Restaurant Association's SERVSAFE DINING COMMITMENT.
YOUR PROMISE TO US
To help us create a safe and welcoming environment for all of our guests and employees, we ask our guests to help us keep everyone safe by:
- Following our COVID-19 protocols and instructions from employees.
- Self-screening before entering the restaurant for any signs of COVID-19 including a fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, and known close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Using our takeout options if you cannot enter the restaurant or are otherwise concerned about dining in our restaurant.
We also encourage you to follow CDC guidance on face coverings when not seated at your table.
Please show respect to our valued and hard-working staff, having patience and grace as they help us navigate this next phase of reopening Texas.
If you have any questions about the Texas Restaurant Promise or the protocols that we are following to keep everyone safe, please ask for a manager who will be happy to assist you.